There is currently no countdown:

WELCOME
Whirl Islands is a Pokemon-based role-playing game that provides you an opportunity to journey with your partner. Along the way, an Admin or RPG Moderator will guide you as your opponent, gym leader, your friend or a wild Pokemon. We also provide a place to introduce yourself, talk about anime, and how to perfect that one team in your Pokemon games. So, try your best, and become a master of the sea!

LINKS

Admins

Brian

Headmaster

illiterate

Headmistress

Mark

Headmaster

RPER OF THE MONTH

Name
Reason

CREDITS
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

Please vote for us at these topsites!

PPN Top 50

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Megan: Circut Town
illiterate
 Posted: Dec 28 2010, 06:27 PM

You never grow old, says time.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Poke Dollars: 2,350

Donate
Member No.: 22

Rep: 1 pts

The wind was blowing in the trees, it was five in the morning and I was far too excited to sleep in bed. The morning breeze continued to rustle the leaves, the soft breeze also blowing in my hair. It was a quiet morning, dawn beginning to break over the hills, lights were slowly beginning to turn on as five-thirty rolled around. My mother entered the doorway to my room and seemed shock not to find me in bed. She held breakfast in her hands, sitting the tray down on the table-top of my desk that featured a few Pokemon merchandise.

Over the years I had collected a Pokemon alarm clock, a Squirtle pencil case, a Pikachu plushie, and my bedspread which featured the trio Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

"I see you're dressed already, well here's breakfast." She was at a loss for word, trying to busy herself with cleaning.

"It's alright, Ma, I was too excited to sleep properly last night," I picked up a piece of toast and took a bite out of it. "Besides, I want to be the first to pick a Pokemon." I spat out bits of crumb as I spoke.

"Chew properly Megan, you're dirtying the floor." She scolded. That was my mother, a meticulous cleaner, there was no way to eat in peace without her collecting the crumbs with her hands cupped underneath your mouth.

"Sorry. Ma, I have to go now. Thanks for the breakfast, I'll make sure to write often." I kissed her upon the cheek as I rushed out the door to my bedroom.

"Don't forget I packed you spare clothes and some rubber gloves." My mother yelled out the door.

I rushed past houses, a few people looked up as I ran past them in a hurry, as I reached the gates to the Professor's lab, a nearby Dodrio had awoken the rest of the town. It was six o'clock, everyone who slept this late always waited for the Dodrio to wake them up.

Mr Henders, who lived near the forest, was never affected by the Dodrio's cry. He sleeps until noon I visit him often after I eat lunch, he tells me so many stories of when he was a Pokemon trainer. I think he often exaggerates sometimes - wrestling a Machamp and defeating it. That's impossible, Machamp's are very strong Pokemon. Then there was one time when he said he met a legendary Pokemon, those are rare, not many sightings of them. I don't often believe him but he has an excellent way of telling a story that anybody would be immersed in them.

I notice a few other people have crowded the gate and I turn to introduce myself to one boy. He was the same age as I was, he said he was nervous to choose his first Pokemon. I told him I wanted something electric, he didn't know what he was going to decide on. He didn't know much about Pokemon, said his older brother wanted him to go on an adventure just as he had. That's when I turned back around noticing the gates were being opened by someone in a white coat, he spoke to us soon as the gates were opened.

"I want a line, one person at the front, and you may all go in as soon as the person in front of you emerges out of these doors with their Pokemon. Any questions?" The man seemed smart, wearing glasses.

A small boy spoke up, I couldn't hear the question but I sure did hear the answer.

"This may take all day, but you will be given snacks throughout the day, so yes you will be able to eat soon. That goes for all of you who missed breakfast." A few kids laughed at that.

The line moved every few minutes, breakfast was served down the line, and as the line progressed, I introduced myself to the person in front of me as well as behind.

Hanna, behind me, was twelve, she thought she wasn't ready at ten years of age so she waited. Kyle, in front of me, was pretty rude, kept ignoring me at every attempt I made. So I spoke to Hanna, she was polite, I speculated she may be a great Pokemon Trainer, nice and caring, didn't ignore me like Kyle. All he ever did was tell me his name, how rude.

As I was speaking to Hanna I didn't realize it was my turn to go into the laboratory, she nudged my arm and pointed in front of me. I turned around to the front, spotting Kyle walking away and thanked Hanna before taking my first step into the laboratory.

It had metallic walls, the temperature from outside had decreased inside. The lights were fairly well lit the further I walked in. Until I came to a table with three Pokeballs and a man standing on the opposite side.

"My name's Megan, I'm here to pick my first Pokemon." I was timid, which was unusual some might say, but in front of people I didn't properly know I tend to close myself off until they introduced themselves.

He looked polite enough, but mother taught me many rules about strangers, too many rules, it was hard to keep track of them but she was right often enough. His coat seemed more worn than the others, even more so than the man who stood outside as well. My only observation was that he was going to provide me with my first Pokemon. It seemed fitting that he was also spouting gray hairs on his head.

--------------------
^
Danzukey Takuto
 Posted: Dec 29 2010, 08:55 AM

The Prince of the Shade
Group Icon

Group: RPG Moderator
Poke Dollars: 950

Donate
Member No.: 31

Breakout Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

As the drolled on for what seemed like eternity from the constant new coming trainers Professor Oak began to yawn from the same tedious thing. He never expected to see this many trainers in a single day, luckily he ate a hearty breakfast this morning or he would probably been asleep after a few trainers came by. His eyes looked on the previous trainer who happily ran outside, after allowing the boy to pick up a Rattata as his first Pokemon it always brought a smile to his face knowing every day, he was creating new trainers.

"Alright then who's next!?" After he announced it took several minutes for the next trainer to walk in, she appeared to be talking to someone behind her in line, maybe they were friends?

As the girl walked in she was acting very respectful to Oak, as if she was confused about what to say. He didn't mind though, afte all you were about to talk to the man who is about to give you your first Pokemon.

"Hello, my name is Megan. Im here to receive my first Pokemon" She said as politely as Professor Oak just stated, he didn't know why....but looking into the girls eyes he knew she would grow up into a fine young trainer or a Pokemon Coordinator. He smiled as he took out a small briefcase filled with three Pokeballs.

"Well hello there Megan, in case you didn't already know my name is Professor Oak I am a Pokemon professor studying all things about Pokemon like there names, type, power, rarity and other things. Just like what your about to be right now I too was a young trainer like you trying to grab all the Pokemon data in this world. However despite my efforts my body has grown weary for travel so I've had to stay here and await for research from my colleagues. Megan, before I give you your Pokemon here take this." Professor Oak walked over to his desk only a few steps away, and a red digital pad like device lay on the counter top. As he picked it up he walked over and handed it to Megan.

"This here is called a Pokedex, it's a great device that just-...Well it would really be to long to explain it all so let's just say it's like an encyclopedia for Pokemon. Every Pokemon you obtained, or just seen you can use this Pokedex to obtain data about them like there name, Pokedex No., type, image and even a brief description about them all! Megan, I want you to help me with collecting all of the Pokemon data in the world, any Pokemon you see collect it's data in the Pokedex. Oh! I almost forgot about time! Well now choose your Pokemon!"

He pointed to one Pokeball on the briefcase, then the next telling Megan what was contained inside the red and white spheres.

"On the left side this Pokeball contains a Machop! A powerful fighting type Pokemon. On the right side this Pokeball contains a Pachirisu, a cute electric type Pokemon. As for the middle it contains a Shinx! It's a powerful electric type Pokemon that is very brave and just like a Growlithe, is always loyal to it's trainer. You may choose one of these three Pokemon to start off your journey." Professor Oak awaited for Megan's decision.

--------------------
user posted image

[Danzukey's RPG Profile] [Danny's RPG Profile] [Danzari's RPG Profile]
[The Dragonian Rivals]

I am the reason you should be afraid of the dark. I am the creature of the night, bringer of shadows, the seeker of darkness, and the prince of the shade. My name is Danzukey, and I am the Shadow Phoenix.
^
illiterate
 Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:53 PM

Group Icon

Donate

I was going to take my time, take each Pokémon out of its Pokéball and examine their many qualities and attacks. I picked up the first Pokéball from the left. It was a Machop, the first stage Pokémon of the evolved form Machamp. I wanted to test it strength, although I was sure Machop was not the Pokémon for me.

I asked it to lift me up from the ground, its strength was marvelous, but it didn't seem right to choose a Machop. I picked up its Pokéball and put it back before saying goodbye. Next up was Pachirisu, I was sure it was a Normal-type Pokémon but I was proven wrong. At a young age a Pachirisu only knew normal attacks, but the electric pouch on its cheeks proved me wrong, as they were used to store electricity. Its nature was Jolly, it was speedy too.

Somehow I didn't see Pachirisu as my training Pokémon. I gathered it back into its Pokéball, said goodbye before picking up the last Pokéball. This may be the deciding Pokémon. The Shinx appeared in a blinding light, before my eyes the Shinx sat patiently awaiting some sort of command of action.

"Alright, well, Shinx, you seem to be a loyal companion. If you like me as your trainer sit beside me on my left." I nervously said, awaiting the Shinx's action.

I began to grow nervous, it didn't look like Shinx was going to stand up and move the few feet towards my side. Then it sat up, on all fours, moving towards me, walking to my left. I grinned down at the Shinx, as it sat down at my side before looking up to the Professor with a gleaming smile I proclaimed I would take the Shinx.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I will take this delightful Shinx." I clapped my hands together before falling to my knees and hugging the Shinx's.

"So many adventures, so many Pokémon and you're the first. Oh, and you're so Bashful." I noticed its cheeks grow rosy read as I hugged around its neck.

I stood up with a huge smile on my face, looking at the Professor for more news or any more information. My eyes wide, my smile lighting up the room, brighter than before. I was aglow that I was beginning a wonderful dream. I was excited at the many adventures, the anticipation for the thrill of the adventure. It was definitely worth the wait.

[I would like to continue after your next post, so please don't close.]

--------------------
^
Danzukey Takuto
 Posted: Dec 30 2010, 11:47 PM

The Prince of the Shade
Group Icon

Donate

Breakout Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Professor Oak smiled with a surprised look seeing the Shinx look so happy with Megan. "Young woman, Megan I can already see you have the potential to be a top notch Pokemon Trainer! I can easily tell by looking at you with that Shinx, even though Shinx's are very loyal they can sometimes be pretty snobby or stubborn to trainers who they don't approve of, not only did that fellow approve of you but it's already taking a liking to you. Before you leave I need to give you a few final items before you leave." Professor Oak began mumbling to himself with a small list of words on a yellow notepad, he scratched off the word Pokedex from the paper then went around his lab a bit and handed Megan a bag, scratching that off the list.

"There's a bag for tou to store all your items in like medicines, items and even berries! Also here you go, five Pokeballs use these to catch many more Pokemon on your journey, make sure to stock up on more if you happen to run out." Professor Oak then placed the Pokeballs into a section of Megan's new bag waving goodbye. "Megan, Im sure this will not be the last time I see you, please notify me anytime you feel, I'd also like to see how uch your Pokedex will grow along your way as well!" As Megan walked out the lab with her new Shinx Professor Oak waved goodbye calling to the next child in line for a Pokemon.

--------------------
user posted image

[The Dragonian Rivals]

I am the reason you should be afraid of the dark. I am the creature of the night, bringer of shadows, the seeker of darkness, and the prince of the shade. My name is Danzukey, and I am the Shadow Phoenix.
^
illiterate
 Posted: Jan 2 2011, 08:03 PM

Group Icon

Donate

I thanked the Professor, picked up the Pokédex, and called the Shinx's into its Pokéball capsule and strolled out of the laboratory. I noticed Hanna making her way inside and waved.

"Good luck Hanna, my beginning Pokémon is a Shinx," I moved in to hug the older female, wrapping my arms around her torso. "I know you'll get what you want, for sure. Seeya."

I saw the young boy from when I was waiting for the gates to open, I ran up to him and wished him luck as well. He gave a nervous smile in return, poor dear didn't know what he wanted to pick. I hope he manages to find something. I was sure Professor Oak will help find something to suit his nervous characteristics.

I said goodbye, taking a stroll out of the gates and walked the path into the woods for the first route. I marveled at the trees surrounding the area, looking in all direction for a sign for any Pokémon.

[You may now close this topic.]

--------------------
^
Danzukey Takuto
 Posted: Jan 3 2011, 06:35 PM

The Prince of the Shade
Group Icon

Donate

Breakout Champion!
Moon Lander Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!
Hexxagon Champion!

Topic closed you may now continue your journey.

--------------------
user posted image

[The Dragonian Rivals]

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

View Topic Options

Whirl Islands skin made by Ross Hitchman.